Advertising Sales Representative
Edible San Diego magazine is a growing, nationally affiliated and award winning quarterly publication. Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for several Advertising Sales Representative s to join our team. Edible San Diego is the "source" throughout our county for farm-to-table restaurants, CSAs and farmers' markets, locally sourced food and beverages, organic foods and products, sustainable food, services, and products, and related eco-friendly and green products and services that promote a healthy lifestyle.
The ideal candidate will have one to two years of ad sales experience. However, we will consider training a promising candidate with no sales experience. We encourage retired professionals, retired military, and students who would like a position with generous commission and flexible hours, a position you create with your goals in mind. This is a commission-only position. Your income is commensurate with sales and retention of renewals. Commission is paid in a timely manner and we offer a bonus plan if sales goals are met.
Developing new business is a priority. The candidate will need to cold call and pursue sales opportunities and account development; be able to manage accounts after closing and have a proven track record for attracting and retaining business; and be able to make solid presentations, negotiate contracts and close deals.
In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through, the ideal candidate will be disciplined and motivated to achieve sales goals. You will be responsible for all aspects of the sale from the initial call and closing the sale through making sure ad materials are received/created and coordinating with the designer to make sure everything is in place for the ad to run in the magazine. We will provide ad sales reps with business cards, leads, and ongoing sales tools to assist in your success.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Preferred candidates will have:
- one to two years of advertising sales experience (we may consider training outstanding applicants)
- a healthy lifestyle and have a passion for the local food and related products and services movement
- cold calling experience and solid presentation skills
- a positive attitude and be entrepreneurial in spirit
- the ability to build relationships effectively
- the ability to work independently in a home office
- computer proficiency with access to a broadband internet connection
- the ability to complete reports to update sales management on account activity and emerging new opportunities
- must have reliable transportation—work may involve regional travel
- must be available for events & activities and attend monthly sales meetings
- must work well in team environment and maintain communication