Lemon Ricotta cookies with lemon glaze are an Italian classic when it comes to holiday cookies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole almonds with skin, lightly toasted, cooled and coarsely chopped.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a bowl stir together sugar, butter, brandy and extracts. Then stir in almonds and eggs. Next, stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350° with rack in middle.
Using slightly wet hands, halve dough and form 2 (16- by 2-inch) loaves on an ungreased, large baking sheet.
Bake until pale golden, about 30 minutes. Carefully transfer loaves to a rack and cool for 15 minutes.
Cut loaves into ¾ inch slices with a serrated knife.
Arrange biscotti, with cut side down, on a clean baking sheet and bake until golden, 20–25 minutes.
Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Makes about 42 cookies
Recipe courtesy of Toni Oltranti