- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets (preferably yellow, but white will work)
- 1 bunch parsley, stems removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- to taste Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads butter lettuce
1. Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until pieces are about the size of couscous and set aside in a large bowl. Add chopped herbs, pomegranate, almonds, and lemon juice and gently toss.
2. Continue to mix ingredients while slowly adding the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for one hour.
3. Separate and wash the leaves of the butter lettuce. Spoon cold tabouleh into lettuce cups and enjoy!
Chef’s tip: Use the best olive oil you can find in this recipe. A high-quality variety with a grassy flavor made from Taggiasca olives is recommended.