- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup our
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk (approximately)
- Peanut oil for frying
1. Grate the sweet potatoes coarsely. In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
2. Add the eggs and just enough milk to the dry ingredients to make a sti batter. Add the potatoes and mix together until the batter is moist but not runny. If too sti , add more milk.
3. Heat 1⁄4 inch of peanut oil in a sauté pan until it is barely smoking. Drop in the batter by tablespoons and atten. Cook several minutes on each side, until golden. Drain, serve.