- 1 head radicchio (di Treviso) or 2 Romaine hearts, halved or quartered lengthwise
- 1 nectarine, pitted, cut into 1/4’’ slices
- 1/2 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved or grated
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for grill grate
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or pomegranate vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon local honey
- to taste sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Grill Your Greens
Heat a grill, grill pan, or skillet over medium heat. Brush with olive oil, then place the radicchio or romain cut side down on the grill and cook until slightly wilted and charred.
Arrange on a serving platter with sliced nectarines and red onions on top.
Make the dressing
Combine olive oil, vinegar,and honey in a small bowl. Mix until honey dissolves; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring it all Together
Drizzle dressing over salad and finish with a sprinkle of Parmigiano-Reggiano.