- 4 cups spinach or other in-season greens (optional)
- 1 lemon, halved
- for drizzling (about 1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- to taste sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas, ready-to-eat
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- 4 tomatoes (small), cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces California feta, cubed
- 1/2 cup local olives
- to taste dried oregano
If using greents, place spinach in a large bowl and squeeze half a lemon overtop. Drizzle with about a tablespoon of olive oil, and a few grinds of salt and pepper to taste. Toss lightly.
Add chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, onions, feta, and olives to the bowl and squeeze the juice of the second half of your lemon overtop along with enough olive oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste, and gently toss with spinach.
Arrange salad on a large platter and finish with a sprinkle of dried oregano.