- 2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 18 large green olives
- 5 clementines, skin on, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive brine
- 10 Mejool dates, pits removed
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 325 F.
In a large roasting pan arrange chicken in single layer and season with salt, pepper and fennel seed. Add olives and clementines to the roasted pan, arranged around and under chicken.
Pour olive oil first over chicken, coating completely, and then drizzle remaining oil and olive brine over olives and clementines.
Place pan on center oven rack and roast for two hours total. After the first hour, add dates to to the roasting pan.
Serve topped with chopped almonds and chives.