- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds grass-fed sirloin steak, chopped into 2" cubes
- 1/4 pound beef fat, chopped into 1" cubes
- 10 guajillo chiles, seeds and stems removed
- 2 bulbs roasted garlic, peeled
- 2 bulbs fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 quarts beef stock
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add steak cubes in and sear, turning several times, until all sides are lightly browned.
- Add steak to a baking dish with fat cubes. Add chiles, garlic, soy sauce, stock, salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and cook in a 300° oven for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, cool and shred beef.