- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ pound baby kale
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa (regular quinoa, see box for cooking instructions)
- ½ ripe avocado, diced
- 8 pickled bing cherries (or dried cherries)
- 2 tablespoons spiced pumpkin seeds (regular pumpkin seeds, roasted with a touch of oil and blackening spice)
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 8 peppadew peppers
- ½ cup mustard vinaigrette
Place all ingredients, except oil, in a blender or food processor and blend. Slowly drizzle in oil while blending. Season with salt to taste.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl, sprinkle with a little sea salt and toss. Add the ½ cup mustard vinaigrette and toss until coated. For a different option, you can put the cooked quinoa in the oven or on the stovetop for several minutes to serve as a warm winter salad.
Makes two entrée salads or four side salads, Makes about 2½ cups, so you will have leftovers