- 2 bunches (about 20) radishes (and their green tops)
- Optional (to add bulk) Additional root vegetables, like carrots or potatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, unsalted (omit and use olive oil for vegan option)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Cut off all but 1/2 inch of green radish tops; reserve trimmed tops and rinse them well. Coarsely chop radish tops and set aside.
3. Cut radishes lengthwise in half and place in medium bowl. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat. If you want to bulk up your dish and run out of radishes, feel free to add other root vegetables.
4. Place radishes, cut side down, on baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt. Roast until radishes are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes. Season to taste with more coarse kosher salt, if desired.
5. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add pinch of coarse kosher salt to skillet and cook until butter browns, swirling skillet frequently to keep butter solids from burning, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in fresh lemon juice.
6. Transfer roasted radishes to warmed shallow serving bowl and drizzle with brown butter. Sprinkle with chopped radish tops and serve.