Sweet persimmons and tart pomegranate are fall favorites that pair perfectly with peppery olive oil and herbaceous cilantro and mint.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 small or 1 large head gem lettuce, chopped into large pieces
- 1 pear, cored, halved, cut into thin slices
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, leaves removed, quartered, cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
In a medium mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
On a large serving platter or in a large salad bowl add lettuce, pears, and persimmons. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of dressing, toss to combine, adding additional dressing if needed. Sprinkle almonds on top and gently toss to distribute. Serve immediately.