- 1 1/4 cup finely chopped cocoa butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 25 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4-1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
Step 1: Make Vegan Chocolate Dipping Sauce
1. Add 2 inches of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a rolling simmer over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium and create a "double boiler" by setting a medium glass or ceramic mixing bowl on top without letting it touch the water. Add finely chopped cocoa butter and coconut oil to the bowl and melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove bowl from heat (use hot pads) and add agave or maple syrup and cacao or cocoa powder. Use a whisk or wooden spoon to mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
4. Taste and add maple syrup or agave to increase sweetness to desired level.
Chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow chocolate mixture to thicken slightly.
Step 2: Get Ready to Serve
1. Pit the dates and place on a serving platter.
2. Set out small bowls of the vegan chocolate dipping sauce, tahini, and Greek yogurt for dipping.
*Alternatively, you can pre-dip your dates in the chocolate and drizzle or fill them with the tahini or yogurt prior to serving.