- 16-20 Muffin Tin/ Cupcake Liners
- 16-20 Nilla wafers, shortbread, or any other cookies
- 3 8-ounce packages low-fat or full-fat cream cheese
- 4 eggs (large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Meyer lemons, juiced with zest of one lemon reserved
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place 16 cupcake liners on a baking sheet or in muffin pan and place a lemon Oreo, Nila waffer, or any other cookie in the bottom of each liner (keep more on hand as you may need more to accomodate all the batter).
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the sugar and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Add zest to the cheesecake batter (reserving some for garnish), along with all of the juice and vanilla extract; mix to combine.
5. Pour batter into cupcake liners 3/4 of the way up.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until cake is just set in center (a little jiggle is fine).
7. Remove cheesecakes from oven and let cool to room temperature. Garnish with lemon zest and then chill in the fridge for at least one hour.