- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted, and cooled to room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 4 or 5 ripe fuyu or hachiya persimmons, peeled and puréed in a blender
- ¼ cup of your favorite whiskey
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups dried apricots (or dried cherries), chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and ground cinnamon. Place in large bowl and whisk in brown sugar and granulated sugar.
Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add in melted butter, eggs, liquor, and persimmon purée.
Mix until combined. Fold in walnuts and apricots (or cherries).
Divide among loaf pan(s). Bake the 9 inch pan for an hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. The mini loaf pans should take about 45 minutes.
Cupcakes Squared 3772 Voltaire St. San Diego 619-226-3485