- 2 cups cashews
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup cacao butter
- 7 Medjool dates (pitted)
- ¼ teaspoon He-shou-wu (optional, Chinese Adaptogen Herb)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup lucuma powder (herbal sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder
- 1 drop Medicine Flower (Theobroma cacao) extract (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Shredded coconut and hemp seeds for dusting
Place cashews, coconut and cacao butter in food processor. Process until ingredients resemble fluffy flour. Add remaining ingredients until mixture comes together like dough. Shape into small spheres and roll in a blend of coconut and hemp seeds. Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
About this recipe
Notes about ingredients:
In Traditional Chinese Medicine He-shou-wu is an herb used to nourish the heart and open up blocked energetic pathways. Lucuma is a low-glycemic, plant-based sugar substitute, and mesquite powder is mineral rich with nutty, smoky, sweet flavors that provide a stable base for this sweet treat.
Recipe provided by Chef Centehua Deneken