- 1 pound fresh edamame (soybeans), in pods
- 2 tablespoons raw olive oil or butter
- Coarse sea salt (to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons red chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons nori flakes
- 2 Arbol chiles
Cook edamame in salted boiling water for 2–5 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside. Heat olive oil or butter in a medium pan over high heat. Add garlic and cook for 3–5 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, toss edamame with oil mixture, sea salt and homemade togarashi until coated. Serve and enjoy immediately!
Homemade Togarashi (Japanese chile seasoning)
Combine all ingredients and grind in a food processor until fine. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.