- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 lrg Sweet Onion, diced into 1/4" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- table spoon sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup oil with high smoke point, such as grape seed oil, avocado oil, peanut oil.
- Grate the potatoes coarsely into a large mixing bowl. Pat dry excess water from the grated potatoes with a paper towel.
- Mix the onions, garlic, flour, salt, eggs and herbs with grated potatoes. Heat a sauté pan over medium to medium-high heat then add oil.
- When oil is hot, place 1/3 cup potato mix into the pan. Flatten each pancake to approximately 1/2" thickness.
- Cook until latkes are crispy in texture and golden brown on one side (approx. 2-3 min.), then brown the other side. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Add more oil to the pan when needed for the next batch of pancakes. Serve with a dollop of Crème Fraîche and sprinkled with chopped chives.