- 1/2 cup tamari sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 pound tempeh, sliced lengthwise into 4 strips
- 4 large round brown rice paper wrappers
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 4 scallions, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Leftover marinade
- 1 cup coconut cream
In a large bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Add tempeh strips and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the vegetables.
Fill a large, flat bowl with warm water, making sure the bowl is wide enough to fit the rice paper wrappers. Carefully dip a round wrapper into the water; remove and lay it out flat on a clean surface.
Layer a small amount of bell pepper, cucumber, scallion, and cilantro on the bottom third of the wrapper and top with one tempeh strip. Fold up the bottom third, fold in the sides, and roll up the rest to make a burrito shape. Repeat with remaining three wrappers.
Transfer the leftover tempeh marinade to a small bowl. Stir in coconut cream and mix well. Add salt to taste. Serve as a dipping sauce alongside rolls.