- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespon olive oil
- 2 links Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups Tuscan kale, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- to taste Salt and pepper
1. Heat chicken stock in a small saucepot.
2. In a medium saucepot, heat olive oil on medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook the sausage for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Use a paper towel to absorb the excess fat if you like. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add the potatoes and pour the warm chicken stock on top. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
3. Once the potatoes are tender, add the coconut milk, kale, and chili flakes and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper or additional chili flakes, as needed.