- 2 medium Italian eggplants (about 1 pound each), peeled and cut into into ½ inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- A pinch of salt
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces fresh arugula
- 6 ounces vegan mozzarella (preferably Miyoko’s), cut into small cubes
- 12 ounces whole-grain pasta
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place eggplant in a bowl with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, and salt and toss to coat. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
Cook pasta to taste. When cooked, cool down with a rinse of cold water.
In a large serving dish, combine the pasta, eggplant, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, and vegan mozzarella. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
Optional garnish: Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top and scatter with halved fresh cherry tomatoes.