- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 cup Clamato juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño mixed together, seasoned with salt and a little lime juice, and allowed to stand for 20 minutes for flavors to meld)
- to taste Your favorite Mexican hot sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed seafood, chilled. (Use cooked crab meat, cooked octopus, raw scallops, cooked shrimp, raw shucked oysters, and any raw or cooked fish, if you like)
- for serving Tortilla chips and avocado
Combine all ingredients (except for seafood, tortilla chips, and avocado), in a bowl and mix well; refrigerate the sauce for at least half an hour so that it is chilled through.
Add all of the mixed seafood and mix gently so as not to break any of the fish apart.
Spoon into four individual pint glasses, top with avocado, and serve with chips.
Chef's Note: The Mitch’s Seafood version uses crab, octopus, scallops, shrimp, and oysters. However, you can choose from any of the following or add whatever looks good to you.
Cooked crab meat
Shucked raw oysters
Shucked raw clams
Raw or cooked fin fish of almost any kind
Cooked lobster meat